Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cocoa-Nana Bread (TWD)

I need to quit this habit of JIT (just-in-time) blogging. Hopefully, I'll get this post up before the day is out.

Fortunately for me, this week's Tuesdays With Dorie selection of Cocoa-Nana Bread was mercifully easy, and I was able to bake and photograph the goods before I polished off my last cup of coffee this morning.
This quick bread recipe is intended as a breakfast treat that combines the flavors of chocolate and banana. You've got to love a recipe that slips in a healthy dose of chocolate into breakfast food.
I was a bit underwhelmed with the final results. The look of this dark brown loaf is deceiving, as the chocolate flavor wasn't very intense, and you could barely taste the two bananas that went into the batter. Still, I did appreciate that it wasn't overwhelmingly sweet, so it wouldn't assult the taste buds first thing in the morning.
Of course, I had my sous chef Siena hovering in the kitchen looking for some crumbs to fall:
Sorry girl...
Please visit Steph's blog, Obsessed With Baking, for the full recipe.

17 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

Lovely! And Sienna is so darn cute!!!

Valerie Gamine said...

Your bread looks wonderfully moist and your sous chef pleasingly helpful...Much better than hauling out a bulky dust buster. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my, Siena looks mighty disappointed to be missing out on your gorgeous bread! Wonderful photos, as always :)

Anonymous said...

Nice dog! :)

Monica H said...

She is so pretty! I just love her.

Sorry your bread wasn't all it could have been, but it looks great.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Bummer about the bread.

Your sweet doggie is a beauty!
~ingrid

Heather B said...

I had issues with the bread too. My sous chef Charlie was as disappointed as Siena not to get any!

Pamela said...

Your dog is simply gorgeous. I definitely thought this was more of a cake and keep dreaming of covering it in some ice cream.

margot said...

Your bread looks lovely. At least this was an easy one, so leaving it till last minute could be worse!

I love the Siena photos, she kind of looks like she's pouting in the second one. Are Vizslas voracious eaters? I have a Weimaraner and she is a huge chowhound.

Kathleen said...

Oh this sounds too yummy! My dog gives me that look all the time when I'm in the kitchen!

Paola said...

Oh my gosh, your doggy is so cute! Pretty girl wants some chocolate :-) My doggy loves chocolate too and when I go to London I always bought some special choco bar for him! We love them so much!!!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

oh, that face! it must be so hard to deny!! :)

TeaLady said...

AWW!! Poor puppy!!

Yours look perfect. Mine were soooo dense. Glad you liked them.

Eliana said...

Your bread looks perfect. Too bad it wasn't as flavorful as you would have liked. I'm sure if you made it again and added more cocoa powder and/or banana it would still come out great.

And your sous chef is precious :)

symphonious sweets said...

everyone should have a sous chef like siena! adorable pictures and a good looking cake.

spike. said...

Poor Siena! Sorry this one didn't wow you.

Jaime said...

haha, love the disappointed look on your dog's face.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin